Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Childhood Dreaming...

As a child I would lie awake at night making (bucket lists) of items that I would dream of doing as an adult.  My passion then as is now was writing.  I attempted to write my first novel when I was only twelve.  As a much younger child I would be the student in the classroom clapping excitedly when our teacher requested a two page essay.  As a student in college my mouth watered at the thought of a twenty page essay for my intermediate college class.  (BUT) all these childhood dreams were put on the side burner when I entered the work force.  Family always came first, cooking, cleaning, working a full time job.  I had put my dreams aside living my day to day life.  My younger sister came over one evening two years ago as I was cooking dinner and we began reminiscing about our childhood.  She quickly poked fun of me remembering the times my mom would search the house over only to find me in my bedroom closet with a flashlight reading one of the many childhood books I had come to love.  We finished laughing when she looked at me seriously and questioned why I had never sat down and wrote a full novel.  Her simple question got me thinking, and a week later I realized I was still pondering my answer.  On a quiet fall evening when the house was quiet (which rarely happens) I turned on my laptop and began pecking away at the keyboard.  What I wrote was the beginning of the first chapter of Stardust, it was also the beginning of a new chapter in my life where I realized childhood dreams should never be forgotten.  With Stardust currently rated as #88 on Amazons category, Fantasy, Futuristic & Ghost I find myself astonished, without words to describe this unbelievable happiness bubbling up inside of me.  It's an accomplishment unlike no other, and for the first time in my life I can look in the mirror and be proud of the reflection staring back at me. 

Daily picture was taken in Logan Canyon 10/28/11 when the leaves were crisp and the scent of fall was hanging  heavy in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment